Thursday, April 12, 2018

The need for positivity

The state of everything seems sad and dire if you listen and react to the news on a day to day basis as what is generally reported is done in a negative and dire way.

It was a daily thing for me to listen to the morning news to start my day. Most days it would leave me sad, scared, mad or stressed about something I heard.

At some point I realized that these feelings did not help me start my day in a positive uplifting light. I decided I had to either choose a different reaction to what I heard and saw on the news or I had to choose a different way of starting my day.

Now I sit and decide what positive thought will be my focus of the day. Some days are more difficult then others; some days it is taking my first negative thought of the day and changing it to a positive.

For instance..."it is a nasty grey and rainy day" becomes..."I see the sparkle in today's rain; I feel the freshness in today's wind; I see the beauty in today's grey sky. I feel warmth and brightness in my heart. I greet everyone with a smile. Today will be a great day!!"



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home