Saturday, February 01, 2014

Day 1 of the rest of my life

Can I make myself accountable? can I push myself to my limits?  Can I accomplish again what I did before and then keep it?

3 1/2 years ago I was in the best shape of my life....then we bought the house.  I put myself into a position that although is better then the one before is very much like it also.  I have man that treats me well, is responsible and I truly believes loves me....but I also believe he has an alcohol problem that he is able to control but someday he wont.

So familiar behaviors of my own started creeping back....I have gained all the weight that I had lost back in these 3 1/2 years. 

Now its time to take back my life...once again and this time keep it.  This time I am staying here with this man that I love.  Is it the situation I had hoped for...no not really but he is a good man and I know that he loves me and my son.  I have been able to separate myself from his behavior for the most part....like a person with an addiction that is always a struggle and work in progress...but I do have to work harder at now taking care and control of myself.

I have walked 60 miles for breast cancer, I have participated in 5ks and 5ks with obstacles...now I need to work on the day to day progress to take the weight back off and live a life that does not put me back into this situation.

I will walk 60 miles again this year and I will do at least 4 different 5ks...and likely more.

Today I did at least 10 minutes and I completed day one of the 30 day abs challenge......tomorrow is another day...and super bowl Sunday.  The challenge of the day....burn 1000 calories on the treadmill, complete day 2 of the ab challenge, and do not eat a bunch of junk at the super bowl party..  GO HAWKS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home