Thursday, July 20, 2006

Wow...

Its been one week since I spent 18 hours in and out of airports to pick up my little angel baby. I can say that it has been a FAST where did it go week....

He is home and WE ARE BOTH VERY VERY happy about that.

2 weeks was long enough and he is happy to be home. What can I say....all works out as it is supposed to. I just need to stop fretting about it all and just go with it. Being home is the best thing for him. He has come home and expressed a new world of understanding about his father and where he stands in his life....and he is ok. He is really ok. He has needed me and my undivided attention this last week and I am more than happy to make sure he has been getting it.

I was afraid he would be disappointed and crushed by having to come home early, by not getting to do all the things that all his father had promised, by not getting to be with daddy...and I was going to have to pick up the pieces. But that is not what happened.....he is happy to be home and he knows I love him and he knows that he is important above all else to me.....he knows that and he needs that.

He has said things in this last week that really shows his deep understanding of how his daddy's life has different priorities then having him in it....much more understanding than a kid of 6 should have to have...but he is ok and he will be ok. Maybe it is better that he be faced with it now instead of when he is older....maybe it will be better for him later......but I am sure he will get his hopes up again...and they will be disappointed again.....and we will cross that bridge when we come to it.....right now I am thankful for having him home and having him feel safe and having him feel loved. He deserves that....

Needless to say...I have neglected my blog land friends again....I will visit again soon. Please take care all of you. Have a GREAT, SAVE and Loving weekend!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Hi Kylee, Good to see you back in blog land.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad he's home and happy about it. Too day that at the tender age of 6 he has had to face "understanding" his father. I didn't face to face that until I was in my teens.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

So happy all went well, you have a wonderful son, and you're a great mother :o)

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a touching post... you're a great mom!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

I'm so happy for you, your baby is home, and everyone is happy. Take care, Meow

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kylee: i hope you're well...

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home