Monday, May 08, 2006

Took Long enough

Its official as of this morning I have finally lost more than 10lbs. I have been trying to improve myself in many ways this year....mostly about my self image.

I eat to stuff my feelings....always have...except when I stopped eating about 13 years ago and lost more weight than I should, ever. That really messes with your body..don't do it.

Anyway I was doing really well when my marriage fell apart and I kind of fell apart...but well I expected it. I gained at least 25lbs...after the new year I decided to increase my activity, watch what I was eating and work on dealing with my feelings instead of eating them. I did real well at first but then I got stuck and could not lose more than the 9lbs and was going up and down within a 5lb range. Well that barrier has been broken and I am more than 10lbs down. Now I just need to keep up with it all. I think the main barrier being broken is my self image....I feel better about myself, really I do.

Have a GREAT WEEK!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! And doing it healthy.

I know what you mean about losing 'too much'. I was there. Not good.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! As one who gains “emotional weight” I fully understand how difficult losing 10 lbs. can be.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Congrats Kylee, 10lbs is huge :o)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Kylee said...

Thanks guys - it feels pretty good to make some progress...its always nice to see results fast..but those are not the results I really want because I know they will just creep right back!!

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for you! also familiar with eating to "stuff feelings". :(

self-image/feeling better about oneself -- great goals (instead of just the weight loss).

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home