Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thank you ..oh no Thank you

Does saying Thank you ever get old.......At work my friend and I are constantly saying Thank You....

"Thank you" for holding the door....
"Thank you" for handing me the paper.....
"Thank you" for giving me the clue to solve the problem....

Then there is the revolving thank you....
"Thank you for holding the door"
"oh..Well Thank you for letting me through first" etc...etc...

During a recent meeting that I was unable to attend there was discussion about the recent upgrade we did....everyone was very please as to how it went and how successful they felt it had gone. My friend said that someone should thank me....
So later the person came down and said

Administrative Manager "Kylee I wanted to say Thank you for all the hard work you did to make this upgrade so successful..."

Me:" Oh Thank you for the Thank you ...I appreciate it"

Well gee there you go...how many times can you say thank you....

Sometimes its not enough...is it ever too much??

5 Comments:

Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Well, thank you Kylee, for your post. But, I know what you mean. I think it is a term that is often overused.
Thank you, my friend !!
Take care, Meow

3:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Acknowledging another with a “thank you” always seems appropriate. Of course, it might be nice if the English language had other words to break the monotony.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm with JD on this one. It really irks me that people don't use "excuse me"....i don't think we can use thank you enough :o)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Kylee said...

Hey there all Thank you for the comments. No really. I say it alot but I mean it...I appreciate what people do for me or do for others.

I agree there is not enough Excuse me!! It would be nice if people would pick their head up and look...take notice and say excuse me before just running you over.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Please excuse this post. Thank you.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home