Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I drive a convertible...

Really....I do. Its not what one would expect someone like me to drive. When I think about convertibles I think of confident open people who like to bring attention to themselves and that is SOOO not me. But here I am with my convertible...in Seattle no less.

I got the convertible while I was still married and in Texas. I blame it on my ex husband. It was the last Material ITEM that he wanted and that I "gave" to him. He had the house he wanted, he had the job he wanted, he had the vehicle he wanted, he had the dog he wanted, he had the child in the home he wanted, he had his band, he had the band equipment he wanted.....all that he wanted next was for ME to have a new car....a convertible or a VW bug...maybe even a convertible VW bug. What did I want?....the vehicle I had that was almost paid off with a new paint job.....but I have a convertible (not a VW).....2 months after we bought my new car...he decided he wanted to be the rock star and get the girl who wasnt his wife.

Anyway....I drove out of Texas with a 2004 convertible. I don't like too much attention....I am not self confident.....I don't like being a show off....and here I drive a convertible. I have a 6 year old and a golden retriever....and I have a 2 door convertible.

If it wasn't for my little angel of a little boy.....I would never appreciate my convertible. But he likes having the top down and riding around together. Its fun and I have also enjoyed it.

Seattle's weather has been wonderful!!! Today I left work early, Steve and I went to his counseling appointment and then we went to the zoo for an afternoon of visiting the animals. After it was over he wanted the top down....I took the top down and we cruised on down to Alki Beach...it was beautiful. He loved it. All we did was drive today but we will be visiting the beach again. It was refreshing and enjoyable...even if we were out there for the world to see. He is going to be what saves me from myself!!

I hope everyone is having a GREAT week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, whoda thunk it! I don't what i expected you to drive, but as long as you have it, enjoy it!! At least Steve enjoys it, and to see the big smile on his little face would be priceless :o)
I bet you 2 had fun at the zoo...i am jealous, we don't have a proper zoo in my city :(

1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how priorities change after kids? BC (before kids) i'd LOVE to have a convertible. Now, a mini-van is my dream vehicle.

I really liked your post on whats important. Good for you for teaching Steve what's really important in life. So many place such a high standard on materialistic things.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My mother always dreamed of having a convertible. When she was in her late thirties she finally got one: a 1962, fire-engine red, Ford Galaxy 500. Unfortunately, whenever she drove it with its top down, she rolled up all of the windows so the wind wouldn’t mess up her hair.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home