Wednesday, July 04, 2007

We made it - barely

Well we made it. Our trips are not without some type of issue.

My brother took us to the airport. Our flight was to take off at 6:51 am so we were going to be at the airport at 5:30. I was up most of the night getting ready, cleaning and stuff. I got probably 3 hours of sleep. We got up and ready to go as we are driving up to the terminal I pulled out the itinerary, our flight was taking of at 6:10, we were late.

We were at the check in counter at 5:30. She said we were late and checking bags we couldn't do anything. Ok so I wasn't going to panic. I asked what we could do about getting another flight. She got us on, she tagged our bags and said if they did not make it with us that I would have to arrange to pick them up at my expense. Ok fine, no problem. If they did get there late I would pick them up and have another excuse to go see Steve at his dads.

We boarded and flew to Denver. I all went pretty well, no issues. There was one kid that threw up all over himself a couple rows ahead of us. It got me thinking how do they clean that up? Do they clean it before the next flight or was the wipe down the mom did all that happens? ick, ick, ick

We got to Denver about 20 minutes before boarding our flight to Houston. As we got off the plane I saw all the waiting people to board our plane wondering who the lucky person was that got to sit in the puck isle.

We boarded our flight to Houston and all was going well until Steve knocked over his just re-filled root-beer. I have never heard my son say "Oh darn it, darn it" so much - it was kinda cute. Poor kids shorts were wet. I did not realize how wet till we were getting off the plane. I thought again - who got to sit in Steve's wet with root-beer seat.

We got off the plane and went to the rest room so I could wash off the root-beer on his legs that I missed when I wiped him down on the plane. I told him we would change his shorts as soon as we got his luggage.

We stopped off at the ticket counter so I could get a confirmation of my flight out on Saturday - I had to have it to pick up the rental car since I paid for it with my debit card. We stood in line for about 30 minutes as the single person ticket counter took care of one person.

We got the confirmation and went to pick up the bags. Most of the bags were gone by then. There were a couple more still being put on the conveyor - I saw my bag - great no problems. Waited a little longer till we saw the thing that said "Last Bag". Steve's bag did not make it. Shoot. My bag made it - his did not.

We trucked it back up stairs to the ticket counter to stand in line for another 30 minutes to put in a claim for the missing bag. I just figured it would show up on the next flight. I am still waiting.

We were going to meet my friends for dinner before I took Steve to his dads, but after the long day we had and loosing his bag, he really just wanted to go see dad. I took him to the store and bought him $120 worth of new clothes - it was pretty good since it was 4 outfits, 2 pajamas, swimsuit, socks and underwear. We then headed to his dads.

I dropped him off and I have talked to him 3 times. I miss him already and I really did not think I would feel as lonely as I do right now knowing he is going to stay here for the next 5 weeks. I wish they would find his bag so he had his familiar stuff with him. I love my little angel baby, my monster baby, my big 2nd grader (the term he prefers).

Our airline was Frontier - it was the first time I flew on Frontier - it was pretty good except for the one person ticket counter - I guess that is how they save money. The best part was the little TV's infront of every seat. I paid for it on both flights for Steve - it helped pass the time.

Happy 4th of July


Blogger Alan said...

Remember way back when, when flying was actually fun?

2:05 PM  
Blogger Malika said...

Wow, what a flight.

4:13 PM  
Blogger bryan torre said...

i've had really good luck with Frontier. By now, I have "Summit" status, so I get free TV, the best seats, and short lines at the ticket counter and thru security. (Yay for me.)
Sorry about Steve's suitcase...

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home