Thursday, October 19, 2006

SCHOOL ZONE

So what about these words do people not understand?

When I see a speed limit sign that says school zone.... and the posted limit when kids are around is 20 miles per hour...I get it, it makes sense to me...go slow..watch for kids and other people walking.

...Some say well gee..hmmmm I wonder what that means.
...Some people seem to think it means:
...Oh this person is going way to slow..I will just hope the people waiting to turn into the school will move as I swing around this person and continue on my normal 4o mph..who cares that I just got a ticket for speeding...
...Oh I am late for work who cares if there are kids everywhere I will still drive my normal 40 mph....
the good one is when they do a U turn right in the schools driveway, oh that crossing gard and those kids at the corner will get out of the way as I jump the curb to finish my turn...

I mean really this is just crazy. I don't get why everyone has to be in such a hurry all the time. Your late..get over it...its not worth risking someone's life over. Life will go on.....late or not.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

I wanted to leave a thoughtful comment, but I'm in a big hurry! Gotta go!!!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

death, taxes, and people being thoughtless...

9:25 AM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

It's the same over here. The speed limit around schools is 40km/h (24.8 miles), but it is rarely practiced. Soooo dangerous, I am surprised there are not more accidents occurring. And the people doing u-turns outside schools (when it is usually not allowed ... big signs say not to !!).
I guess things are the same the whole world over. Shame.
Have a great weekend.
Take care, Meow

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home