Friday, January 26, 2007

The mind goes round and round....

It is kind of funny when you think about how your mind works and how your thoughts resolve and expand.

This morning on the radio they were talking about the Super Bowl. I started thinking about things...my mind dialog went something like this...

"hmmm I wonder if movie guy watches football"
"I wonder if he watches it with his kids"
"I remember when I was a kid my dad watched football all day on Sunday"
"It was kind of funny when I had my own helmet and football while watching with my dad"
"To spend time with dad on Sunday meant watching football"
"At least he did not like college ball"
"My family really enjoys football and the Seahawks even though they have struggled all the time"
"My dad didn't ever enjoy any other sports...just Sunday football"
"We used to all roll our eyes when my grandpa would come over with his little radio listening to the Mariners"
"None of the rest of us were into baseball, and really not the Mariners"
"Grandpa really enjoyed them"
"When grandpa passed away grandma still enjoyed her Mariners since they used to always watch it together"
"When she moved in with my parents they started watching the Mariners with her"
"Now its like a family event to watch the Mariners and really get into the game"
"Gram was never really happy when she was living with my parents"
"She really wanted to be on her own although she felt lost without gramps"
"She was happier when she moved into her own apartment"
"Grams was the sweetest, worry wart around"
"hmmm I miss her, dad says I am just like her"



Guy
Football
Mariners
Grandma
Fond memories

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think that the mind making connections is rather normal. I remember reading a short story by Edger Allen Poe in which one of the characters said something and, after a period of silence, the other answered the question that had just entered the first character’s mind. He had followed his progression of thoughts in his own mind.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home