Thursday, December 08, 2005

Gotta Start Somewhere

I have been looking over these blogs for a short time and thought hmmmm might as well give it a try.

I can try my hand at being creative, interesting (or more likely boring), brave, public and not worry a bit about what anyone thinks because if they don't like it they don't have to read it or visit again.

My son is 5 and a very sweet little boy...Steve. He yells at me down the hall and if I don't answer right away he yells again....Or if I say "what?"...He says "mom" yes again... And again I say "what" ..He pauses again and says "mom", by this time I get slightly aggravated and say "WHAT" in an oh so slightly raised voice...And he sweetly says "I love you"....Man that gets me every time.

I wonder when we exchange this little dialog...Almost daily, if he does it just to get on my nerves or if he is just thinking of something to say and like most of us do at times looses his train of thought before he can get it out.

Last night at bed time...Or well way past bed time he decided he wanted to fill me in on the days activities. I have not figured out why this dialog has to happen at or past bed time we usually have this conversation after school and then again at dinner time. The funny thing is that there is a lot more information being shared at and after bedtime. Anyway he wanted to take "Rudolph" to school and show his friends his favorite animal of the week. Unfortunately the kids are not supposed to take items of the Christmas nature to school. How do you explain to a 5 year old that Rudolph could offend someone at school. He was crying because I told him he could not take his Rudolph to school and says "but mom its just a toy". To be as innocent as a kid...I wish we could all just practice what we believe and not hurt others or be offended when others practice what they believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home